Pages

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Will Pope Francis stick to his guns or to pillows?

The New York Times commented that after decades of vatican indifference and evasion, Pope Francis has created a commission to study the rape and intimidation of schoolchildren by priests. The new commission, “long overdue”, says the Times, will come up with specific recommendations for firmer safeguarding of schoolchildren and better training of catholic priests.  Francis had to do something after vatican officials refused to answer the United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child on how the church handled the scandal – the church of course had blamed the bishops and local criminal justice authorities.

The vatican has created commissions before to look at child abuse by clergy, but so far they have only tried to cover up or protect their criminals.  One study panel created more than a decade ago reported on the abuse of schoolchildren in the U.S., a scandal in which 700 priests had to be dismissed in a three-year period. Although they recommend that "there must be consequences" for church leaders who shielded offending priests there was no way decided on how to make powerful diocesan offenders accountable so only a few leaders faced criminal investigation.
This latest attempt offers no assurance to parents that Francis will order greater accountability from those who covered up criminal abuse of children. It is also missing the rest of the iceberg:  the abuse that took or takes place in catholic “homes” for orphaned and  neglected children – most of it done by nuns. And they did more than just rape and beat children.  The Dominican nuns at St. Agnes Home in Sparkill, NY smothered me and put me in a coma. Gilbert Bonneau was also smothered (with a witness) with a pillow like I was -- by a nun at St. Colman’s home in Watervliet, NY. He was in a coma and died. See post of July 30, 2013: Catholic nuns do more than abuse children: they murder them. But I lived.

The reason I lived is to share this information with you and with everyone. Gilbert’s family is still fighting.  His brother Bill recently said to me: “Keep up the fight (George) you are doing a great job exposing the Evil Catholic Church and their phony Priest, Nuns, Brothers Etc. People are catching on. They did a job on you and the Nuns killed my brother, I will keep on fighting until my last breath to get justice for Gilbert. Sooner or later the truth will come out. Hang in there. Bill”   Like Bill, we need to keep revealing the truth to the world so they won’t forget Gilbert and the thousands like him who died in silence.

7 comments:

  1. I'm still floored that the Catholic higher ups know this goes on and don't do much to stop it. Um, these are supposed to be people of God, not child abusers. Everyone knows it happens, everyone. It's been well documented. It's been exposed. But what really has been done about it? Gilbert's case has been in the news for decades and their family is no closer to getting the truth now than they were in the 70's when they received that phone call. That door stays closed, slammed in their faces time and time again. Seriously, those same nuns are still at St. Colman's "taking care of" resident, autistic children. Now that's scary! Sister Regina smacked me around many times. She's still there. Sister Carmel, now Mother Carmel, has also smacked me around. I was 6 years old. I believe all of the horror stories people have come forward with because I've seen a lot worse than I've endured. But yet, these two bitches are still free to continue their "work". Why? Somone please answer that question because I sure don't understand it at all.
    -TAK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it still goes on because the church pays off or intimidates witnesses and law enforcement. I write this blog so more people can learn the truth about Gilbert, about me and all the others who were and still are being abused. It is scary that these nuns are still abusing children. I wrote about those autistic children in my book. Anywhere children are isolated or helpless is where they do their evil work. Thank you for sharing your experience and I hope others will do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was recently a story in the Times Union about a worker at St. Colman's abusing a mentally challenged resident. Still going on, nothing being done. Shameful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are abusers in every field or work and strata of society. The Big Cover UP is doing more to hurt the Church than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you. By covering up the abuse they are allowing it to continue and they are just as guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The evidence has been hidden, buried and squashed. I lived at St Colmans for almost 10 years. My Dr. asked if I had been in a car accident when I was a child. No, no I was not. According to my records from the home I was never even hurt there. Yet 50 years later they are seeing the evidence of 11 fractured and broken ribs in my childhood. Sometimes It seems like I get so tired of fighting for the truth. Then I discover another victim of the home and I see red all over again. Never stop telling, never stop trying, never say never.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I write this blog so that you and others who were abused can have a place to tell what happened. The only way to win is to do what you say: "never stop telling" -- the more people hear, the faster the church and its abusers will be put out of their criminal business. I put my blog on Google+ where 25,000 people viewed it; it is on Twitter also. So thank you for helping to spread the news -- we are shining the light of truth on those responsible for abusing so many of us.

      Delete